Well, we're almost 5 hours past Leap Day -- Feb 29th. I hope everyone celebrated in a manner appropriate to their nationality. I was talking with friends about various schemes to design Canadian Leap Day traditions, and all we settled on was that it should probably involve bacon in some way.
I made it through Northern Voice (see my stream-of-consciousness wrap up) without getting sick, and even had an awesome relaxing day going for brunch and a photowalk on the Sunday afternoon, but Monday morning I succumbed to a sore throat and cold. I'm back in action (sort of) due to the much-Facebooked "crazy German medicine" called Aspecton (it's sort of like the German equivalent of Buckley's, except no sugar or alcohol -- thanks, Mom!).
So, that's a bit of an update from the recent events. I'm off to Boston for a Drupal event in about 20 minutes, so here are links that I'm behind on:
- continuing the tradition of giving links as birthday gifts, Vancouver SEO guy Alex Brabant sent some my way
- I'm speaking at the CCI2008 conference March 12th to 14th here in Vancouver -- yes, this needs a longer post
- did I mention I have a new startup? this SO needs its own post, but I have purposefully not been promoting it here (and this is still a "Personal" category -- so not on the front page / in the main feed). It's called Bootup Labs, and it's a Vancouver-based incubator for startups -- my partner is Danny Robinson of recent Strutta fame. Missing some of my blogging? Yeah, I'm doing blogging over there as well.
- the borisphere page again contains links to external feeds that I'm aggregating
- don't forget about Food Like That -- just added a post about some fine eating in San Fran, and my mom is still busy adding recipes :P
- I swear I had more bullet points to add, but I bet that's the cab outside the door to take me to YVR....take care, see you after the 7th....